Our Project in India
The staff at Dr. Bombay's helps support the shop's project in India, which we call The Learning Tea. Much of the funding from the project, which gives life scholarships to impoverished young women in India, comes from our tea shop. Here are a few ways to help us support our scholars:
- Our monthly dinner: On the last Monday of every month, we hold a private party at our shop, the proceeds from which are one of our main sources of funding. You can buy tickets to our monthly event here.
- Our book program: when you purchase used books at Dr. Bombay's, these funds contribute towards our mission.
- The Learning Tea black and green tea packs, sourced directly from one of our partners in Darjeeling, can be purchased in our shop.
- General funds: general profits from Dr. Bombay's are also used to further our India initiative. That means when you support the shop, you also support our scholars!
- Donations: Every dollar counts! If you would like to make a donation, big or small, please visit our donation page in our shop.
To learn more about our scholars and the project, please visit TheLearningTea.com. Our scholars thank you for helping make this project possible!